* emacs crashing when displaying summary
@ 2018-04-04 10:07 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2018-04-04 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

for some times now I have seen my whole emacs crash when trying to
display certain subject lines in the summary buffer.

When displayed in thunderbird's message list, those subjects display a
huge icon, overflowing the subjects above them.

In gnus, those subject lines just reliably crash my whole emacs session.

Here is one of those lines taken from thunderbird's «view message
source» window:

Subject: =?utf-8?Q?=E2=8F=B0DERNIERS_JOURS_de_promos_pour?=
 =?utf-8?Q?_votre_nettoyage_de_printemps_!?=

In thunderbird, I have a huge alarm clock in the subject line before
«DERNIERS_JOURS». Catchy, annoying, buggy (the display is not stable,
and it overflows the subjects above), but not crashy.

I'm using gnus 5.13 from the emacs-snapshot package at
http://emacs.secretsauce.net on debian sid.

How can I help diagnose this ?

Thanks,
--