From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@uh.edu>
Subject: Re: Unix mbox format
Date: 26 Feb 1996 15:05:54 -0600	[thread overview]

>>>>> "ml" == michael lamoureux <lamour@engin.umich.edu> writes:

ml>  "lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
lars> The next line has to start with "[^ :]+:" for Gnus to consider it a
lars> real delimiter.  (It's reasonable to assume that a header line should
lars> follow the delimiter.)

ml> Well, I think the next line is the From line (the one without the ":")

No, the delimiter itself is the From_ line.  (Look at
rmail-unix-mail-delimiter.)  The next line should (must?) be a header line,
and so should include a colon.

This may or may not be unrelated, but SGnus currently doesn't properly
handle the Content-Length: header; I use Solaris and do not escape lines
starting with From.  Instead I rely on the Content-Length: header.  MH
(patched to deal with C-L: headers) will properly split my inbox but SGnus
will not.  This is really, really annoying when dealing with bounces.  I've
tried to track down the problem but have had no luck.  Has anyone else seen
this?

 - J<