* Gnus v5.10.2 for reading UTF-8 RSS feeds
@ 2003-12-03 20:01 Konstantin Levinski
From: Konstantin Levinski @ 2003-12-03 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I've spend some time trying to save some time by using following to read
RSS feeds:

GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2003-05-20 on LAPTOP
Gnus v5.10.2

Reading itself is easy to setup and works fine, but when it comes
to UTF, I can only see garbage instead of item text.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could hint me on this.. thanks.

  Konstantin Levinski.

PS :I'm pretty sure emacs is capable of displaying utf-8 encoded data, because
when I use http-get to pull the .xml file in question  by hand,
it displays just fine.

* Re: Gnus v5.10.2 for reading UTF-8 RSS feeds
@ 2003-12-18 22:50 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-12-18 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Konstantin Levinski <kostya@yauza.ru> writes:

> Reading itself is easy to setup and works fine, but when it comes
> to UTF, I can only see garbage instead of item text.
>
> I'd be most grateful if anyone could hint me on this.. thanks.

I think it should work if you specify utf-8 in the group parameters
for the group.

(The charset information is available from the xml file, so it
shouldn't really be too hard to fix Gnus to do the right thing
automatically).