From: Norbert Koch <n.koch@eai-delta.de>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, bothner@bothner.com
Subject: Re: mystery "Incoming*" files
Date: 26 Oct 1999 08:30:59 +0200	[thread overview]

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> I am ending up with a ton of files named things like Incoming00DsZR
> in my ~/Mail directly.  This is making me nervous.  It looks like
> most (maybe all) of this is old mail (i.e.mail I've seen).  If so,
> why is it sitting there?  I'd like to delete it all.  However, I
> do seem to have lost some mail, and I find some messages I don't
> think I've seen.  This is making me *very* nervous.

Per,

you are using pGnus which is a development (alpha, beta) version of
gnus. By default incoming files are left on your disk, since sometimes
gnus eats your mail for lunch.

You can delete them from time to time. Alternatively, although not a
very bright idea, you could

(setq mail-source-delete-incoming t)

norbert.