* upgrading from Gnus 5.6.33 to pgnus 0.42 and Emacs 19 to Emacs 20
@ 1998-11-12 23:22 Alexander Goldstein
From: Alexander Goldstein @ 1998-11-12 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from NTEmacs 19.34.6 to a NTEmacs 20.3.1, and
at the same time I took an opportunity to upgrade to pgnus.

I noticed that the all the mail that I already have accumilated in my
nnml groups is in CR/LF (-:--) format, while the new stuff is being saved
with CR (:\--) only line breaks.  This would not bother me at all, and I
would not even notice this, not for the fact that pgnus chokes on the
CR/LF format messages, only displaying the headers, along with ^M at
the end.

I guess the work-around is to write a perl script to convert all the
message files to the CR format, but I hope someone can point to an
easier solution, maybe teaching pgnus to digest the files independent
of the line break state.

Thanks,
Alex

PS.  I was warned that mule is evil ;-)

PPS.  Please CC me on the replies.
--
Alexander Goldstein                         email: alexg@technologist.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-11-12 23:22 UTC | newest]