* IMAP/SSL, dropped openssl connection
@ 2003-09-08 15:25 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-09-08 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On my machine, it's incredibly common that the openssl process started
by GNUs for my IMAP connection spontaneously exits when it's been left
alone for some time.  Thereafter, when I do `g' in my *Group* buffer,
it fails to check my IMAP server unless I press `g' twice.  The
second time, it re-establishes the openssl connection.  This costs me
a lot of time because the first time through it needs to check all my
newsgroup servers before it will process my second `g'.  Also, I
often forget that the SSL connection might be dropped.  Is there a
way to get GNUs to establish the SSL connection immediately if it has
been dropped?

Many thanks in advance,
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-08 15:25 UTC | newest]