From: Jody Klymak <jklymak@coas.oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Re: spam.el and bogofilter.
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:09:39 -0800	[thread overview]

Hello Ted,

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Well, that will teach me to look at bug reports in a hurry.  The
> variable gnus-install-group-spam-parameters is supposed to be t by
> default.  When nil, it *disables* the loading of the spam-marks and
> ham-marks parameter definitions, among other things.  So it was
> supposed to be t, and I should have said "disabled by default" and
> "make sure it's t" above.  Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Now that it's nil, does anything related to spam.el work correctly?
> It shouldn't, since you have now disabled the definition of parameters
> that spam.el uses when it exits the summary buffer.

Funny you should ask.   I'm not sure what "correct" behavior should
be.

I have been able to train bogofilter from within gnus.  I set a group
to be a ham group, and tell it to process ham and spam (S x) with
bogofilter on exit, and it apparently does so because I am able to
change the bogosity of articles (checked via M s t).

However, I am a little confused as to what spam-split actually does.
Does it simply try and mark the article as spam or does it try and put
it somewhere?  If it tries to put it somewhere, where would that be?

I'm using nnimap, and have the following in my .gnus:

(require 'spam);; but really I dont' require spam!
(setq
  nnimap-split-rule 'nnimap-split-fancy
  nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
 nnimap-split-fancy '(|
		      (: spam-split)
		      ;; default mailbox
		      "mail/Inbox.spam"))

All my INBOX gets put in mail/Inbox.spam.

I have spam-split-group set to "spam"  Should it be set to something
else if I am using imap?

I have to admit an embarrassing lack of spam since last night when I
got this working, but I do want to find out where my spam group will
be.

Thanks,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                           104 Ocean Admin Bldg., OSU
mailto:jklymak@coas.oregonstate.edu   Corvalli OR, 97330