* problem with thread scoring
@ 1999-08-25  9:43 Gerald.Preissler
From: Gerald.Preissler @ 1999-08-25  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks!

What I want to do :

I want to lower the score for (sub-)threads that I´m no interested in.
I try to use adaptive scoring to lower the score for any reply to an
article that I have marked with gnus-del-mark or that has gnus-low-
score-mark.

The score list I came up with is :

(defvar gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
       '((gnus-unread-mark)
         (gnus-ticked-mark)
         (gnus-dormant-mark (from 5))
         (gnus-del-mark (thread -1))
         (gnus-read-mark)
         (gnus-expirable-mark)
         (gnus-killed-mark)
         (gnus-kill-file-mark)
         (gnus-ancient-mark)
         (gnus-low-score-mark (thread -1))
         (gnus-catchup-mark) ))

Unfortunatly, this does not work as expected. When I score down some
threads and try to leave the group, gnus complains with :
Symbol´s function definition is void: thread

My questions are :
- what am I doing wrong?
- is this a sensible way to achive what I want in the first place?

And an other thing :

>From reading the info file I learned that using adaptive scoring together
with auto-expiry is bad because adaptive scoring is messed up by the
expirable mark set by auto expiry. Does this mean that I can use the two
together if I *don´t* score on gnus-expirable-mark as in the example
above?

thanks
        Jerry

--
Just being paranoid does not mean they´re *not* out to get you...