* Aargh!  Fonts.
@ 1996-10-29 17:28 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-29 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I've finally found a cyrillic font, but it can't be strected as
freely as "normal" fonts, so it's impossible to get the lines to be of
equal length, it seems.  It's really annoying.

Does anybody here know anything about LaTeX fonts, or even better --
some other program that'll let me fiddle with fonts and stuff to do
whatever I want to?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Aargh!  Fonts.
@ 1996-11-01 15:18 ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1996-11-01 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Well, I've finally found a cyrillic font, but it can't be strected as
> freely as "normal" fonts, so it's impossible to get the lines to be of
> equal length, it seems.  It's really annoying.
>
> Does anybody here know anything about LaTeX fonts, or even better --
> some other program that'll let me fiddle with fonts and stuff to do
> whatever I want to?

You can try messing with some of the larger JIS-X-208 fonts.  These
contain the cyrilic alphabet and there are public domain 48x48 pixel
version.

On the other hand, I have a TrueType JIS-X-208 font that scales really
well.  I can send gifs of them in 72pt or some such.

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@schenley.com)