* About to-addresses and followup [poll]
@ 1995-11-13 22:51 Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1995-11-13 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quick poll, which of these two do you prefer?

Background:  If you have to-address set in a mail group, and you do a
followup, the original author isn't CC'ed a copy.  Instead, the
to-address replaces the authors name.  Note that the people who were
CC'ed still get a copy, only the original author doesn't.

a) Add the original author to the CC list.  So we have to-address in
   the To header, and the original author in the CC header.
b) Add both to-address and original author to To: header.

I have a patch to fix this, it does (a) above.  But it struck me that
given the original meaning of To: and what other mailers do on a
followup, it makes more sense to do (b).  This might be a cosmetic
issue, but it would irk those who do differentiate on whether they
were to'ed or cc'ed a given message.

Opinions?

-Sudish