From: Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com>
Subject: Re: sorting threads by latest message
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:23:31 -0700	[thread overview]

Which gnus-thread-sort-functions are you using?  I always have threading on
for my emails and have been using:

  gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date is a compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
  (gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date h1 h2)

  Sort threads such that the thread with the most recently dated article
  comes first.

A long thread with recently arrived message comes out on top of other
threads, similar to how gmail sorts.

--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu             mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Advanced Technology Labs @ Adobe Systems Incorporated