* imap + agent : moved article NOT deleted from source group
@ 2005-04-09  2:51 Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2005-04-09  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know since when this is happening, but when article is 'B m' from an
IMAP source group to a destination group (same IMAP server), it is NOT
removed from the source group and it is marked as 'O'.  I seem to recall the
moved article is immediately removed from the source group when doing 'B m'.

This only happens when agent is enabled.  When I remove the IMAP server from
agent, the article is deleted from the source group - which should be the
correct behaviour I expect.

I am using CVS gnus and I don't use auto-expire or total-expire for all my
IMAP groups.

Anyone seeing this?
--
Danny Siu

* Re: imap + agent : moved article NOT deleted from source group
@ 2005-10-26  5:47 ` Na Li
From: Na Li @ 2005-10-26  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  8 Apr 2005, Danny Siu wrote:

> I don't know since when this is happening, but when article is 'B m' from an
> IMAP source group to a destination group (same IMAP server), it is NOT
> removed from the source group and it is marked as 'O'.  I seem to recall the
> moved article is immediately removed from the source group when doing 'B m'.
>
> This only happens when agent is enabled.  When I remove the IMAP server from
> agent, the article is deleted from the source group - which should be the
> correct behaviour I expect.

I've been haunted by this problem for a while and it is really annoying. I
would probably have to disable agent for now but I then can't read/search
emails offline.

Michael

* Re: imap + agent : moved article NOT deleted from source group
@ 2005-11-22 19:37   ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2005-11-22 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I looked into this problem a little more and found that setting
gnus-fetch-old-headers to 'nil will fix it.  ie: 'B m' will delete the moved
article from the source group.  I think the header fetch is bypassing the
agent code and that results in some inconsistent NOV entries in the agent
cache.

--

@ 2005-11-23  5:53 Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2005-11-23  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, that's nice to hear.  I just ran into gnus-fetch-old-headers
earlier this week.  This variable is used by the nntp backend to
override the list of requested headers to fetch a subset.  The
problem that was previously reported was that gnus fetched the
same headers each time it entered a group because (of course) it
bypassed the agent.

Now, you've run into a similar problem with nnml.  Hmmm... It
looks like nnml simulates the nov database with a local file of
article headers.  Apparently, the 'B m' command fails to update
this file as a subsequent call to retrieve header with gnus-fetch-
old-headers fetches the article's old header.

Unless someone volunteers, I'll see what can be done with the 'B
m' command to keep the nnml nov file in sync.

Kevin

From: Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:37:38 -0800

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net