* How different is CVS Gnus from the Gnus code in CVS Emacs?
@ 2005-01-06 22:13 Francis Litterio
From: Francis Litterio @ 2005-01-06 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are two CVS repositories that contain Gnus source code:

  o The Gnus repository at :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot

and

  o The Emacs repository at :ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs

How do they relate?  Is Gnus in CVS Emacs periodically brought up to
date with CVS Gnus?  If so, how frequently?
--
Francis Litterio
franl <at> world . std . com

* Re: How different is CVS Gnus from the Gnus code in CVS Emacs?
@ 2005-01-07 17:58 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-01-07 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 06 2005, Francis Litterio wrote:

>   o The Gnus repository at :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
>   o The Emacs repository at :ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs
>
> How do they relate?

cvs.gnus.org holds two branches: stable (v5-10 branch, 5.10.7) and
unstable (aka trunk, aka "No Gnus").  The Gnus version included in
Emacs is practically the same as the stable Gnus branch.  It's version
number is 5.11.

> Is Gnus in CVS Emacs periodically brought up to date with CVS Gnus?
> If so, how frequently?

Yes, it is:

,----[ Quoting Miles Bader: ]
| By default I sync about once a week.  I also try to follow any Gnus
| threads on the mailing lists and make sure any changes being discussed
| are kept more up-to-date (so say 1-2 days delay for "topical" changes).
`----

Some more remarks:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/28583

Bye, Reiner.