Simon Josefsson writes: > Do you get the same behaviour for M-g on other mailboxes? Here's another example: nnimap: Setting marks in writing/MPL...done nnimap: Updating info for writing/MPL...done Retrieving newsgroup: writing/MPL... nnimap: Updating info for writing/MPL...done Fetching headers for writing/MPL...done Generating summary...done > Perhaps your nnimap-split-inbox is INBOX, It's nil. > and splitting is run when M-g is pressed, so the mailbox is selected > twice. Protocol wise I think this is optimized away though, frob > `imap-log' and look in *imap-log* to tell for sure. In fact, after the "Updating info..." message, I get a little counter which runs quickly from 0K to 14K, and this happens for each of the two times the "Updating info..." message appears. imap-log (enclosed) appears to confirm that work is being repeated, not that I know how to interpret it...