* Re: Another set of gnus questions
@ 2000-06-27 14:49 Galen Boyer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Galen Boyer @ 2000-06-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntemacs-users

I was on the ntemacs mailing list and got this answer to a MIME
question. (I cc'd the ntemacs group because they had answered a
few other gnus questions for me and others, so whoever is
following the thread would see this, but I believe I am at the
right place for gnus questions now.)

 Stephen> Be sure to get 5.8.3, not 5.8.6. 5.8.6 has a bug that
 Stephen> prevents sending MIME attachments.

I am sorry.  I am not sure where to get the 5.8.3 distribution.

I went to the ntemacs FAQ and searched on latest, and only got
latest of Emacs and other assorted distributions, the gnus search
only produced gnus usage FAQ.  I also went to the fsf site and
searched on gnus and got back many hits on Gnus Bulletins, but
wasn't sure if any of those were what I needed.  I also went to
the ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest/ url and cruising
up and down the hierarchy didn't find anything on 5.8.3.  I then
found, http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/distribution.html.  Clicked on
the US link and went to http://www.gnus.org/dist/.  This had the
latest, but didn't see 5.8.3. I then searched
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/software/contrib/gnus/ for 5.8.3.  I then
searched for 5.8.3 on http://www.gnus.org/list-archives/ding/
without avail.

How do I find the 5.8.3 which isn't the latest?
The latest distribution is everywhere.

http://im.yahoo.com