Andrew Innes writes: > A better solution would be to write a variant of movemail.exe that uses > MAPI to get mail directly from the Exchange server. When I first > started at my current job last summer, I thought I would have to do > this, but then found out the POP3 service was actually installed and it > was a DNS problem stopping me from seeing it. So I never got as far as > writing this program, although a month before that there was some > discussion about it. The mail is archived here: > > http://www.egroups.com/messagesearch/ntemacs-users?query=mapi > > But if you are willing to work on it (necessity and all that), then I > can offer some help. Even though I have POP access to Exchange, I would > actually prefer to have direct MAPI access, because the POP service > seems to take it upon itself to reformat messages, wrapping long lines > and omitting some "inline" attachments, and generally doing things that > irritate me. > > We could also provide the sending part of the MAPI solution, and make > the whole thing part of Emacs proper, if you are willing to assign > copyright to the FSF (and get a disclaimer from your employer if > relevant). > > AndrewI > > -- With regards, Roman.