* nnml: Reading incoming mail
@ 1998-02-22  1:07 Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1998-02-22  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I noticed a somewhat odd behaviour of gnus when it comes to getting new mail.
Pressing `g' to get mail yields a ton of messages like

	nnml: Reading incoming mail...

which makes me think that gnus goes thru all of my mail groups to verify if
anything new has arrived. Is this the case? Since I use mail splitting,
wouldn't it be faster to update a cache of groups that actually contain new
mail during splitting? Hence, gnus would only have to check a few groups.

cu
Stefan.
--
Stefan Waldherr                office +1 (412) 268-3837
                                  fax +1 (412) 268-5576

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-22  1:07 UTC | newest]