* [AGENT] Categories and agent
@ 2005-11-03 21:54 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-11-03 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I added several categories into the agent.

Here are my 3 categories :

1. Tout - Predicate -> true
2. Aucun - Predicate -> false
3. Perso - Predicate -> custom (not included)

I dispatched my groups into these three categories, did 'g' and
then did 'J s' to fetch all eligible articles into the agent.

When I go offline and enter a group that should not have any
downloaded materials (like my spam group), I see all articles
with download mark.

What is wrong in my setup ? I know there is a variable which
tells the agent to or not to fetch articles
(gnus-agent-consider-all-articles) but I am not sure to
understand the docstring.

This variable is set to t here. Am I wrong setting it to t ? Is
it relevant to my problem ?

Thank you.
--
Registered Linux-User #340967 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

* Re: [AGENT] Categories and agent
@ 2005-11-15  4:20 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2005-11-15  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I added several categories into the agent.
>
> Here are my 3 categories :
>
> 1. Tout - Predicate -> true
> 2. Aucun - Predicate -> false
> 3. Perso - Predicate -> custom (not included)
>
> I dispatched my groups into these three categories, did 'g' and
> then did 'J s' to fetch all eligible articles into the agent.
>
> When I go offline and enter a group that should not have any
> downloaded materials (like my spam group), I see all articles
> with download mark.

Well, I don't use any of the spam processors but I'd wouldn't be
surprised to find that the articles were downloaded then moved to the
spam group rather than moved to the spam group without ever being
downloaded.

> What is wrong in my setup ? I know there is a variable which
> tells the agent to or not to fetch articles
> (gnus-agent-consider-all-articles) but I am not sure to
> understand the docstring.
>
> This variable is set to t here. Am I wrong setting it to t ? Is
> it relevant to my problem ?

If you were using just nntp, I'd tell you to turn if off.  However, I
believe that it is of some value when using nnimap.  I don't believe
that it has anything to do with this problem.

Kevin