* smime encryption failure
@ 2003-12-15 10:50 Yair Friedman
From: Yair Friedman @ 2003-12-15 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

When trying to send email using smime sign+encrypt and there is an
encryption problem, gnus issues a warning but still sends the message
*unencrypted*.

This is because smime-call-openssl-region just warns, even if it
detected a problem.

Is this because of my probably incorrect setup?

Was anyone successful using smime with cygwin openssl and NTEmacs?

TIA.

* Re: smime encryption failure
@ 2003-12-15 20:04 ` Arne Jørgensen
From: Arne Jørgensen @ 2003-12-15 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yair Friedman <yairfr@icts-tech.com> writes:

> When trying to send email using smime sign+encrypt and there is an
> encryption problem, gnus issues a warning but still sends the message
> *unencrypted*.

Yes. I can verify this.

> This is because smime-call-openssl-region just warns, even if it
> detected a problem.

So it should probably -- at least when trying to encrypt -- give an
error and _not_ send the message.

Kind regards,
--
Arne Jørgensen
Valby Langgade 272, 1. tv., DK-2500 Valby, Denmark