From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Has anyone created code for reply to author on yahoogroups?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 09:18:31 +0200	[thread overview]

> Look at the group setup (Gc in the group buffer) and set up the mailing
> list address?

No, that won't help.  Setting to-address and (broken-reply-to . t) in
the group parameters work with the old style at yahoogroups and other
mailing list agents, where a reply-to header redirects repliers to the
list.

What Yahoogroups now does, is to mangle the sender, so that the actual
email address there is the list address.  The address of the sender is
made part of the "real name"-part of the From-field:
 "Steinar Bang sb@dod.no [somelist]" <somelist@yahoogroups.com>

> I do that for lists, and it works fine, plus I have

> (setq message-subscribed-address-functions
>       '(gnus-find-subscribed-addresses))

> in .gnus, though I'm not too sure about this having the effect I would
> assume it has.

I don't know... what effect do you think it has...? :-)

(If you always reply, or post, inside the list's mail group, or if you
do 'C-u a' on top of the list's mail group, then you don't need it, I
think)