* Re: twitter.el, anyone?
       [not found] <E1W3Hif-0007FO-Em@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2014-03-07 10:59 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2014-03-07 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: ding

> Would someone like to develop an Emacs package for using Twitter?

I've never used twitter so I may be off here, but if it is a kind of
news stream, or discussion thread, could an nntwit Gnus backend be an
idea...?

* Re: twitter.el, anyone?
@ 2014-03-07 12:11   ` Matt Ford
From: Matt Ford @ 2014-03-07 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: ding

I happily use twittering-mode and it's GPL and everything.  An nntwit
backend would be cool though.
--
Matt

* Re: twitter.el, anyone?
@ 2014-03-07 13:35     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2014-03-07 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Ford; +Cc: emacs-devel, ding

Matt Ford <matt@dancingfrog.co.uk> writes:

> I happily use twittering-mode and it's GPL and everything.

Ditto, although I don't use twitter that often anyhow.

> An nntwit backend would be cool though.

That would be interesting, indeed.  However, such a mail-like backend
would probably not really match the dynamic nature of twitter, e.g., you
usually want to see tweets as they are posted instead of checking some
group (with then dozens or hundreds of tweets) periodically.

Bye,
Tassilo