From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: send reply email from gnus and archive original
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:42:16 +0200	[thread overview]

> Hi everyone,
> I am trying to switch from the web interface of gmail to gnus. I have
> succeeded in getting gnus to read my mail!

> ("nnimap gmail:INBOX")

I don't understand this configuration.  Could you provide some more
context?

I would have thought you would need something like this...?
 (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))

Alternatively, type press '^' (without the quotes) to get to the server
buffer and then do 'a' (again without the quotes) to add a server with
nnimap as the server method, and imap.gmail.com as the server.  You can
then do RET to explore the folders on the server, and type 'u' (without
the quotes) to subscribe the ones you want.

When you're finished subscribing, just type 'q' twice (yep, still
without the quotes), and you should be back in the Group buffer, with
the subscribed folders showing up as nnimap groups.