From: Shane Holder <holder@rsn.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Pop weirdness in p0.77 <Lost Mail>
Date: 26 Feb 1999 13:46:22 -0600	[thread overview]

  Lars> Shane Holder <holder@rsn.hp.com> writes:
  >> No, I've got 3 articles with that article number in the message
  >> header.

  Lars> That's definitely not good.  It is probably related to these
  Lars> other mail lossage thingies people are reporting.  I haven't
  Lars> been able to reproduce any of it myself -- things are being
  Lars> written as they should here.  I would guess that it's the
  Lars> finishing-up bits that aren't run.

  Lars> Could y'all who are seeing this breakage try to debug it?

I haven't lost any mail since applying the patch that was posted to
this thread.  So, I think my predicament of having multiple articles
of the same number is due to that bug.  I would like some advice as to
how I can remedy the situation.  Is there an easy way to re-number the
articles or do I need to do some hand editing?  You know, now that I
think about it, this might be real serious under nnml because the
article numbers would be the name of the files and some files would
have been overwritten wouldn't they?

Shane