From: "Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com>
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@work.lexort.com>
Cc: John Owens <john_owens@yahoo.com>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Agent & disconnected IMAP: move messages between folders?
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 20:26:12 -0500	[thread overview]

Greg Troxel <gdt@work.lexort.com> writes:

> When I have the agent enabled, I find ghost articles.  I suspect that
> these are from moving the article from a group (message from a folder
> :-)) with another client.  So there needs to be some sort of
> "resynchronize" operation where messages in a folder are listed by UID
> or something and then removed from the agent cache if gone on the
> server.

Yes, I've been suffering this problem with the agent for years and
years. The only remedy I've found is to occasionally run
`gnus-agent-expire-group' manually when looking at the Summary Buffer
within the afflicted mailbox group. I don't know why this function
doesn't get run automatically, or more frequently. Sometimes it's the
only way not only to get rid of these "ghost articles", but also to make
the articles that arrived and were noticed outside of Gnus available
within Gnus.

--
Steven E. Harris