From: dubach1@husc.harvard.edu (Joev Dubach)
Date: 29 Nov 1996 03:21:40 -0500	[thread overview]

I didn't get any reply to this on gnu.emacs.gnus; does anyone here
know?

Thanks,
Joev

Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
From: dubach1@fas.harvard.edu (Joev Dubach)
Date: 23 Nov 1996 05:50:26 -0500

Is there a boilerplate way of setting up nndir "newsgroups" like
ding-list or ding-list-recent?

For example, a newsgroup I read doesn't propogate well, and there are
some people I'd like to be able to read it who don't have access to my
newsserver.  Somebody else has already set up a mailing-list/newsgroup
gateway, but since the group is high-traffic, it would ideally not
have to be distributed by mail.

Of course, there's also the possibility that some people won't be
willing/able to use Gnus, so it'd be nice to set it up so that it
could also be (slightly less conveniently) read in some sort of HTML
form, but that's secondary.  The main thing is: what's the best way to
set up an nndir version of a mailing list?

Joev                          <URL:"http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dubach1/">

  ">What are the VMS machines? VAXstations?
   I believe they are ENIACs powered by multiple gerbils in Habatrails
   running in parallel.  Also, the monitors are controlled by a little
   man who sits inside and writes things backwards.  You may be familiar
   with his brother, he's the guy that sits inside the ATMs and hands out
   money."
          -- Arthur Toth