* Any plans for LDAP support? <EOM>
@ 1999-10-06 21:02 David Mazik
From: David Mazik @ 1999-10-06 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Any plans for LDAP support? <EOM>
@ 1999-10-07  1:44 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1999-10-07  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"LDAP support" is sort of like "database support."  :)  What in particular
do you want to do with LDAP that you think Gnus should be doing?

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: Any plans for LDAP support? <EOM>
@ 1999-10-07  2:09 ` John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 1999-10-07  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hi

[nothing!]

Gnus doesn't need to support LDAP, EUDC does:
http://diwww.epfl.ch/~figueire/Software/eudc/

--
\js

This PIZZA symbolizes my COMPLETE EMOTIONAL RECOVERY!!

* Re: Any plans for LDAP support? <EOM>
@ 1999-10-08 13:45   ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 1999-10-08 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: John Saylor

    JS> Gnus doesn't need to support LDAP, EUDC does:
    JS> http://diwww.epfl.ch/~figueire/Software/eudc/

Any idea why this package is not part of the sumo package?  Did I screw
something up and is that why I am missing it?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

"Every time I think I've idiot-proofed something someone comes up with a
better idiot"

* Re: Any plans for LDAP support? <EOM>
@ 1999-10-09  1:00     ` John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 1999-10-09  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hi

 JS> Gnus doesn't need to support LDAP, EUDC does:
 JS> http://diwww.epfl.ch/~figueire/Software/eudc/

 JC> Any idea why this package is not part of the sumo package?  Did I
 JC> screw something up and is that why I am missing it?

No.

Well, maybe.

Installing it means that you have some LDAP libraries linked to the
xemacs executable [or have ldapsearch somewhere on your system; at
least that's how it used to be]. Since I usually compile myself, I
just make sure I have the libraries locally.

Good luck!

--
\js

Is it NOUVELLE CUISINE when 3 olives are struggling with a scallop
 in a plate of SAUCE MORNAY?