* Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
       [not found]     ` <m2br0jd2lk.fsf@kenny.sha-bang.de>
@ 2005-11-20  1:18       ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2005-11-20  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: miles, snogglethorpe, ding, emacs-devel

[Cc'ed to ding@gnus.org]
> I agree, that the correspondence is quite use full, but I also do
> agree with Juri, that the slightly different behavior of M-# is
> extremely inconvenient.  IMO this should be fixed, by making M-#
> advance to (like M-u does!).

Actually, this is a bug in the the development version of Gnus
(but not in the Gnus version in Emacs CVS).  It also causes
gnus-uu-unmark-thread to fail to unmark the whole thread.

That's because gnus-summary-remove-process-mark doesn't return t
anymore.  The last expression of both gnus-summary-set-process-mark
and gnus-summary-remove-process-mark is the call to
gnus-summary-update-secondary-mark which explicitly returns t.
But in gnus-summary-remove-process-mark this t gets lost due
to dolist which returns nil.  I think the right fix is to add
the return value t as the last expression in
gnus-summary-remove-process-mark.

Could someone with CVS access to the Gnus repository on gnus.org
fix this?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

* Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
@ 2005-11-20  4:16         ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2005-11-20  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Juri Linkov <juri@jurta.org> writes:

> [Cc'ed to ding@gnus.org]
>> I agree, that the correspondence is quite use full, but I also do
>> agree with Juri, that the slightly different behavior of M-# is
>> extremely inconvenient.  IMO this should be fixed, by making M-#
>> advance to (like M-u does!).
>
> Actually, this is a bug in the the development version of Gnus
> (but not in the Gnus version in Emacs CVS).  It also causes
> gnus-uu-unmark-thread to fail to unmark the whole thread.
>
> That's because gnus-summary-remove-process-mark doesn't return t
> anymore.  The last expression of both gnus-summary-set-process-mark
> and gnus-summary-remove-process-mark is the call to
> gnus-summary-update-secondary-mark which explicitly returns t.
> But in gnus-summary-remove-process-mark this t gets lost due
> to dolist which returns nil.  I think the right fix is to add
> the return value t as the last expression in
> gnus-summary-remove-process-mark.
>
> Could someone with CVS access to the Gnus repository on gnus.org
> fix this?

Done.

Kevin

* Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
@ 2005-11-21  7:32           ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2005-11-21  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, emacs-devel

>> Actually, this is a bug in the the development version of Gnus
>> (but not in the Gnus version in Emacs CVS).  It also causes
>> gnus-uu-unmark-thread to fail to unmark the whole thread.
>>
>> That's because gnus-summary-remove-process-mark doesn't return t
>> anymore.  The last expression of both gnus-summary-set-process-mark
>> and gnus-summary-remove-process-mark is the call to
>> gnus-summary-update-secondary-mark which explicitly returns t.
>> But in gnus-summary-remove-process-mark this t gets lost due
>> to dolist which returns nil.  I think the right fix is to add
>> the return value t as the last expression in
>> gnus-summary-remove-process-mark.
>>
>> Could someone with CVS access to the Gnus repository on gnus.org
>> fix this?
>
> Done.

Thanks.

I've also noticed a difference between gnus-uu-mark-thread and
gnus-uu-unmark-thread: gnus-uu-mark-thread keeps point
at the same place where it was invoked, but gnus-uu-unmark-thread
advances point to the last processed article.  Do you think
they should behave the same in regard to preserving point
after finishing?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/