* setting up gmail as a mail source or select method
@ 2005-03-07 22:12 Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-03-07 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody configured gnus to retrieve and send mail using a gmail
account? There are a couple of issues I can't find how to deal with when
trying to do this.

The following information is given:

+--------------------+-----------------------+
|Incoming POP3       |pop.gmail.com          |
|                    +-----------------------+
|                    |use SSL: yes           |
|                    +-----------------------+
|                    |Port: 995              |
+--------------------+-----------------------+
|Outgoing SMTP       |smtp.gmail.com         |
+--------------------+-----------------------+
|                    |use authentication     |
+--------------------+-----------------------+
|                    |Use STARTTLS (may be   |
|                    |called SSL by some     |
|                    |MUAs)                  |
+--------------------+-----------------------+
|                    |Port: 465 or 587       |
+--------------------+-----------------------+
|Account name        |my-user-name@gmail.com |
+--------------------+-----------------------+

so I set it up like this:

(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.gmail.com"
                          :user "my-user-name"
                          :password "secret"
                          :port 995)))

I haven't yet tried configuring the outgoing part, but gnus is returning
an error when trying to retrieve from the POP3 server. The error says that
there was an error with the above specifications, apparently linked to a
stringp test.

Thanks in advance for any help,
--
Sebastian Luque

* Re: setting up gmail as a mail source or select method
@ 2005-03-08  8:36 ` Yair Friedman
From: Yair Friedman @ 2005-03-08  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have seen this success report, but I haven't got to try this
myself. Maybe this can help.

http://web.phys.ntnu.no/~terjeros/gnus-gmail/