* conditionally connect to newsgroup
@ 2006-10-13 16:32 Shanks N
From: Shanks N @ 2006-10-13 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use my laptop to connect to news.gmane.org from home.  The same port
is blocked in office.  Since I use gnus to read my email too, it tries
to connect to gmane in office which I have to stop by hitting c-g.

How do I get interactive prompt which asks whether I should to
news.gmane.org every time?  Or even better, a way to figure out
whether the laptop is connected to home or office network
automagically and not connect if it's office?

My email settings in .gnus.el

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnml ""))
(eval-after-load "mail-source"
  '(add-to-list 'mail-sources '(file :path "/var/spool/mail/shanks")))

I use cygwin + fetchmail for email.

and connected to gmane through the group buffer and subscribed to the
groups directly.

regards
Shanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-13 16:32 UTC | newest]