* getting rid of ~ backup files (archive/nnfolder)
@ 1998-01-09 14:29 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1998-01-09 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Hi,

        Were there an option in recent ding that prevented
        creating the archive and nnfolder backup files, they are
        really annoying. I prefer backups everywhere else but
        not for mailbox files. (I have cron gzip for them)

        If not, what's the code to prevent them?

        jari

* Re: getting rid of ~ backup files (archive/nnfolder)
@ 1998-01-09 17:14 ` Scott Byer
From: Scott Byer @ 1998-01-09 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

jari aalto writes:

jari>         Hi,

jari>         Were there an option in recent ding that prevented creating
jari> the archive and nnfolder backup files, they are really annoying. I
jari> prefer backups everywhere else but not for mailbox files. (I have cron
jari> gzip for them)

jari>         If not, what's the code to prevent them?

jari>         jari

Here's what I use:

(defvar backup-skip
  "\\(^/Dev/\\)\\|\\(^/tmp/\\)\\|/Mailboxes/\\|/News/\\|newsrc"
  "A regular expression to match against each file name.  If the file name
being tested for backupability matches, don't back it up.")

(defun backup-prevent-check (file)
  (not (string-match backup-skip file)))

(setq backup-enable-predicate 'backup-prevent-check)

--
Scott Byer, Computer Scientist                          mailto:byer@adobe.com
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Mailstop W10           These are my opinions, and