* How to only fetch old articles of a specified thread.
@ 2009-01-30 10:09 Peter Wang
From: Peter Wang @ 2009-01-30 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

`/ o' in the summary buffer will insert old articles.

I wonder how to insert only old articles of a specified thread instead
of all old articles. so tracking threads acrossing a very long timeframe
may become more convenient. thanks.

-peter

* Re: How to only fetch old articles of a specified thread.
@ 2009-01-30 18:17 ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2009-01-30 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Wang, ding

On 2009-01-30 11:09 +0100, Peter Wang wrote:

> `/ o' in the summary buffer will insert old articles.
>
> I wonder how to insert only old articles of a specified thread instead
> of all old articles. so tracking threads acrossing a very long timeframe
> may become more convenient. thanks.

This is done with `A T':

,----
| A T runs the command gnus-summary-refer-thread, which is an
| interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
|
| It is bound to A T, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Find all messages in
| thread>, <menu-bar> <Article> <Fetch current thread>.
|
| (gnus-summary-refer-thread &optional limit)
|
| Fetch all articles in the current thread.
| If limit (the numerical prefix), fetch that many old headers instead
| of what's specified by the `gnus-refer-thread-limit' variable.
`----

Somehow this does not seem to work very well on news.gmane.org,
however. :-(

Sven

* Re: How to only fetch old articles of a specified thread.
@ 2009-01-31  9:29   ` Peter Wang
From: Peter Wang @ 2009-01-31  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

Thanks for your reply.
> On 2009-01-30 11:09 +0100, Peter Wang wrote:
>
>> `/ o' in the summary buffer will insert old articles.
>>
>> I wonder how to insert only old articles of a specified thread instead
>> of all old articles. so tracking threads acrossing a very long timeframe
>> may become more convenient. thanks.
>
> This is done with `A T':
>
> ,----
> | A T runs the command gnus-summary-refer-thread, which is an
> | interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
> |
> | It is bound to A T, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Find all messages in
> | thread>, <menu-bar> <Article> <Fetch current thread>.
> |
> | (gnus-summary-refer-thread &optional limit)
> |
> | Fetch all articles in the current thread.
> | If limit (the numerical prefix), fetch that many old headers instead
> | of what's specified by the `gnus-refer-thread-limit' variable.
> `----
>
> Somehow this does not seem to work very well on news.gmane.org,
> however. :-(

Yes, it doesn't work on gmane. I wonder others how to do that?