* 8-bit again
@ 2000-08-02 18:43 Roman Belenov
From: Roman Belenov @ 2000-08-02 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to check the situation my self; the interesting thing is that
when I send mail to myself, Gcc:'d copy in archive folder comes in
MIME (base64 or quoted-printable) while incoming letter (in nnml
spool) is in 8-bit. So the question is - can the body encoding of
letters in archive be different from one in outgoing messages ? If so,
it seems that everything works fine and I was just overcautious.

--
 							With regards, Roman.

* Re: 8-bit again
@ 2000-08-03  7:49 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-08-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, Roman Belenov wrote:

> [...] So the question is - can the body encoding of letters in
> archive be different from one in outgoing messages ? [...]

I don't know.  Does M-x find-function RET gnus-inews-do-gcc RET
produce some enlightening insight?

Hm.

It appears that the function does some munging of the article, and
maybe that munging does not assume that the message is mail?  What
happens if you tell gnus-group-posting-charset-alist to use 8bit for
all groups that you use in the Gcc header -- does that produce 8bit
Gcc'd copies?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: 8-bit again
@ 2000-08-03  8:31   ` Roman Belenov
From: Roman Belenov @ 2000-08-03  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> It appears that the function does some munging of the article, and
> maybe that munging does not assume that the message is mail?  What
> happens if you tell gnus-group-posting-charset-alist to use 8bit for
> all groups that you use in the Gcc header -- does that produce 8bit
> Gcc'd copies?

No, I tried it but failed. Changing mm-body-charset-encoding-alist
helped.

--
 							With regards, Roman.