* process mark and group exiting
@ 1996-07-12 16:55 Eric Swenson
From: Eric Swenson @ 1996-07-12 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shouldn't Gnus warn you upon exit of a group if you have process
marks set?  It usually indicates that you forgot to do what you
intended to do.

I keep setting marks for messages I plan on moving to another (mail)
group and then exit the group before I move them.

Thanks.  -- Eric

* Re: process mark and group exiting
@ 1996-07-14 13:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-14 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Swenson <ejs@borland.com> writes:

> Shouldn't Gnus warn you upon exit of a group if you have process
> marks set?  It usually indicates that you forgot to do what you
> intended to do.

No, I don't think so...  I can't recall any other places where Gnus
tries to warn you when you do something slightly un-kosher.

So I don't think Gnus should warn you here either.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: process mark and group exiting
@ 1996-07-15 13:11   ` Eric Swenson
From: Eric Swenson @ 1996-07-15 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com> writes:

> > Shouldn't Gnus warn you upon exit of a group if you have process
> > marks set?  It usually indicates that you forgot to do what you
> > intended to do.
>
> (defadvice gnus-summary-exit (around no-process-mark enable)
>   "Only exit if there are no process-marked articles."
>   (gnus-set-global-variables)
>   (if (or (null gnus-newsgroup-processable)
> 	  (yes-or-no-p "Articles marked, really quit this group? "))
>       ad-do-it))

Thanks, Colin.  I appreciate this and have added it to my Gnus startup.

@ 1996-07-15 15:10 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1996-07-15 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Colin