From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
To: Justus-bulk@Piater.name
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: nnmaildir support for nnir.el
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:16:33 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sun, Feb 03 2008, Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:

> I've hacked up some initial nnmaildir support for nnir.el (gnus
> contrib), for the Swish++ and Namazu backends.
>
> During the process, I rolled some redundant code shared by these
> backends into a new function, which may be useful for other backends
> as well.

Could you please provide ChangeLog entries?

> Please review and test, and send me your comments. I hope this (or an
> improved version) can be committed to CVS.

AFAICS, the patch is too large (< 15 lines of new code) to be
installed without legal papers.  So we need an assignment, either for
Gnus or for Emacs (which covers Gnus as well).  If you are willing to
sign, I'll send you the form off-list.

For files in contrib/ we usually don't need an assignment, but as we
want to integrate nnir.el in Gnus, we don't want to add un-assigned
code there.

> See below a diff with respect to the latest CVS version (7.22) for
> convenient reviewing. For convenient testing, you can download the
> full file at http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/test/nnir.el .

When I diff this file with the version in the Gnus trunk, there are
lots of whitespace changes.  I can probably deal with this by applying
the output `diff -u -w nnir.el your-version-nnir.el' (or the patch
from your message), but in the future, please avoid gratuitous
whitespace changes.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,