* Commits to GNUS-NEWS
       [not found] <E1Ehqgj-0003M7-00@quimby.gnus.org>
@ 2005-12-01 20:17 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-12-01 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Dave Love

From ding-patches / gmane.emacs.gnus.commits:

> Modified: GNUS-NEWS
[...]
> -** The nntp back end store article marks in `~/News/marks'.
> +** The nntp back end stores article marks in `~/News/marks'.
[ and many other fixes. ]

Thanks for fixing these.  Alas, GNUS-NEWS is generated from
`texi/gnus-news.texi'.  I've merged your changes into
`texi/gnus-news.texi' and `texi/gnus-news.el' and will commit them
tomorrow (when I'll have a better connection).

BTW, maintenance issues like this are (or at least should be)
documented in `texi/gnus-coding.texi' (work in progress).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Commits to GNUS-NEWS
@ 2005-12-01 23:42   ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 2005-12-01 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thanks for fixing these.  Alas, GNUS-NEWS is generated from
> `texi/gnus-news.texi'.

Yes, sorry, I was already told.  I checked in the makefile to see if
it was built, but forgot I had my makefile and, I think, hadn't
reconfigured. :-(

> I've merged your changes into
> `texi/gnus-news.texi' and `texi/gnus-news.el' and will commit them
> tomorrow (when I'll have a better connection).

I already did that.

> BTW, maintenance issues like this are (or at least should be)
> documented in `texi/gnus-coding.texi' (work in progress).

Ah, OK.  I guess it's better to send patches for something I'm not
involved in.

* Re: Commits to GNUS-NEWS
@ 2005-12-02 18:25     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-12-02 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 02 2005, Dave Love wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> I've merged your changes into `texi/gnus-news.texi' and
>> `texi/gnus-news.el' and will commit them tomorrow (when I'll have a
>> better connection).
>
> I already did that.

[ I saw the commit after my mail went out. ]
I've added the update the copyright and avoiding "*Note" at beginning
of the line to `texi/gnus-news.el'.

>> BTW, maintenance issues like this are (or at least should be)
>> documented in `texi/gnus-coding.texi' (work in progress).
>
> Ah, OK.  I guess it's better to send patches for something I'm not
> involved in.

Please feel free to commit such uncontroversial changes directly
without posting it on the list.  I think non-native speakers like me
appreciate it when someone improves the wording.

(Changes in the manual or in doc strings should go into the v5-10
branch unless it's a new feature.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,