* Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2004-12-27 23:12 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-12-27 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

With a couple of french people, we have decided to take back the
translation of the Gnus documentation in french.

I am currently translating the Gnus FAQ but I fear this is not as
up to date as I thought.

Does anybdoy maintain it or is it useless to translate it ? (it
is speaking of Gnus version 5.10.0).

Regards.
--
"sometimes i feel like we're making emacs better and better because we don't
 know what to do with emacs once it is finished."

    -- AlexSchroeder on #emacs @OPN

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2004-12-28  0:43 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-12-28  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> With a couple of french people, we have decided to take back the
> translation of the Gnus documentation in french.
>
> I am currently translating the Gnus FAQ but I fear this is not as
> up to date as I thought.

texi/gnus-faq.texi in the v5-10 branch and in the trunk in Gnus
repository should be up to date.

Why do you think that they are not up to date?

AFAICS, the XML- and HTML-version on http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/ are also
up to date (which was not always true in the past).  The source for
those is the file gnus-faq/src/gnus-faq.xml (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnus/).  Please disregard the file
gnus-faq.texi available there: it is outdated.  Originally the plan
was to generate gnus-faq.texi automatically from gnus-faq.xml.  But it
required much manual editing before it was in a shape that could be
included in the Gnus manual.

> Does anybdoy maintain it or is it useless to translate it ? (it
> is speaking of Gnus version 5.10.0).

The versions in Gnus CVS are maintained by the Gnus developers.  I try
to keep the content of gnus-faq.texi and gnus-faq.xml in sync.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2004-12-28 20:17   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-12-28 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28 déc 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > With a couple of french people, we have decided to take back
> > the translation of the Gnus documentation in french.
> >
> > I am currently translating the Gnus FAQ but I fear this is
> > not as up to date as I thought.
>
> texi/gnus-faq.texi in the v5-10 branch and in the trunk in Gnus
> repository should be up to date.
>
> Why do you think that they are not up to date?

Oh, hm, this was only caused by the fact it was speaking about
v5.10.0 and not 5.10.6. Dunno if things evolved between these 2
releases.

 [ ... ]

> > Does anybdoy maintain it or is it useless to translate it ?
> > (it is speaking of Gnus version 5.10.0).
>
> The versions in Gnus CVS are maintained by the Gnus developers.
> I try to keep the content of gnus-faq.texi and gnus-faq.xml in
> sync.

Well, that's ok then.

bye, Xavier
--
GnusFR  (http://www.gnusfr.org)
EmacsFR (http://www.emacsfr.org)

.emacs: Because customisation is fun!

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2004-12-28 22:12     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-12-28 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> On 28 déc 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:
[...]
>> > I am currently translating the Gnus FAQ but I fear this is
>> > not as up to date as I thought.
[...]
>> Why do you think that they are not up to date?
>
> Oh, hm, this was only caused by the fact it was speaking about
> v5.10.0 and not 5.10.6. Dunno if things evolved between these 2
> releases.

I doesn't make much sense to speak of a specific number.  Therefore, I
have changed 5.10.0 to 5.10 back in September.  If you still see
"5.10.0" in the FAQ, your copy is outdated or I missed some
occurrences.

,----
| 2004-09-23  Reiner Steib  <Reiner.Steib@gmx.de>
|
| 	* gnus-faq.texi ([5.12]): Fix code example for FQDN in Message-Ids
| 	again.
| 	Use 5.10 instead of 5.10.0.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2005-01-03  0:27       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-01-03  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28 déc 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > On 28 déc 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:
> > > On Tue, Dec 28 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> [...]
> [...]
> > > Why do you think that they are not up to date?
> >
> > Oh, hm, this was only caused by the fact it was speaking
> > about v5.10.0 and not 5.10.6. Dunno if things evolved between
> > these 2 releases.
>
> I doesn't make much sense to speak of a specific number.
> Therefore, I have changed 5.10.0 to 5.10 back in September. If
> you still see "5.10.0" in the FAQ, your copy is outdated or I
> missed some occurrences.

Ok, I will see if it still has 5.10.0 occurences.

Oh and BTW, how can I put all the french translation into the
Gnus distribution ?

We have already translated some docs (message, faq, part of the
manual, ...).

Regards and happy neww year
--
  "GNU is my religion"

.O.  Xavier Maillard
..O   Reims - France
OOO  +33 6 68 04 64 37

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2005-01-03  8:30         ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-01-03  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> Oh and BTW, how can I put all the french translation into the
> Gnus distribution ?

When talking about the Chinese translation of the FAQ, Lars thought
that it was better not to have translations distributed with Gnus.
But of course we can put some links to your translations on the web
pages (e.g. on <URL:http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/>).  Can you give me the
links?

If you need webspace or other resources, probably the my.gnus.org team
can help you.

> We have already translated some docs (message, faq, part of the
> manual, ...).

Great!

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus FAQ: still maintained ?
@ 2005-01-04 23:42           ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-01-04 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  3 jan 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > Oh and BTW, how can I put all the french translation into the
> > Gnus distribution ?
>
> When talking about the Chinese translation of the FAQ, Lars
> thought that it was better not to have translations distributed
> with Gnus. But of course we can put some links to your
> translations on the web pages (e.g. on
> <URL:http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/>). Can you give me the links?

Well, no I can't for instance since the project is quite
unorganized :) We are still trying to keep working and when
ready, we will publish all of the work on Gna! which is our
hosting project manager :)

The project is named tradgnus-fr on Gna!

> If you need webspace or other resources, probably the
> my.gnus.org team can help you.

Ok, I will try to discuss with them.

Regards.
--
   ,--.    Xavier Maillard, Reims, France                   ,= ,-_-. =.
  / ,- )   http://www.emacsfr.org/                         ((_/)o o(\_))