From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, "Frank Küster" <frank@kuesterei.ch>
Subject: Re: default-enable-multibyte-characters in pgg-gpg
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:24:18 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, Mar 29 2006, Daiki Ueno wrote:

> Setting default-enable-multibyte-characters in pgg-gpg-start-process
> makes GnuPG messages unreadable under multibyte locales.
>
> I found the article which introduced this change:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/50457
> I think this case is rare,

I don't think it is rare because people will simply use all characters
found on their keyboard.

> and doubt that this really fixed the problem.

At least Frank has confirmed that it does fix it for him in
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/50877>.  Could you
suggest a better fix?  Maybe we could bind enable-multibyte-characters
only in some of the callers of `pgg-gpg-start-process', where
appropriate?

> Could anyone who can use a German keyboard check the attached patch?

As your patch just reverts this patch, I'd guess that it will
reintroduce the problem the other patch tried to solve.

Frank, could you try?  (Remove `default-enable-multibyte-characters'
from the function `pgg-gpg-start-process' in `pgg-gpg.el' and test
with a pass-prase containing non-ASCII characters.)

Bye, Reiner.

--
       ,,,
      (o o)