* Buttonize URLs after gnus-summary-caesar-message
@ 2005-01-06 18:47 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-01-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

if you have rot13 encoded URLs in an article, `W r' (<menu-bar>
the article, but the URLs are not buttonized.  `W r W b' does the
trick.  Wouldn't it be nice if Gnus would do this automatically?  I
doubt what users are aware that `W b' helps in this situation.

I think we could safely add
  (when gnus-treat-buttonize (gnus-article-add-buttons))
near the end of `gnus-summary-caesar-message'.  Maybe also in
`gnus-summary-morse-message'.  Opinions?

Sbe qrzbafgengvba: jjj.tahf.bet, uggc://zl.tahf.bet

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Buttonize URLs after gnus-summary-caesar-message
@ 2005-01-06 22:57 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2005-01-06 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I think we could safely add
>   (when gnus-treat-buttonize (gnus-article-add-buttons))
> near the end of `gnus-summary-caesar-message'.  Maybe also in
> `gnus-summary-morse-message'.  Opinions?

Perhaps there are other treatments that should also be invoked?
Perhaps it is `gnus-treat-article' that should be called.  Untested,
though.

* Re: Buttonize URLs after gnus-summary-caesar-message
@ 2005-01-06 23:46 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-01-06 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  6 jan 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:

> if you have rot13 encoded URLs in an article, `W r' (<menu-bar>
> decrypts the article, but the URLs are not buttonized. `W r W
> b' does the trick. Wouldn't it be nice if Gnus would do this
> automatically? I doubt what users are aware that `W b' helps in
> this situation.

I am aware of this but it is a pain to type ;)

> I think we could safely add
> (when gnus-treat-buttonize (gnus-article-add-buttons))
> near the end of `gnus-summary-caesar-message'.  Maybe also in
> `gnus-summary-morse-message'.  Opinions?

As Simon said, maybe other treatments are simply missing too.

Regards

(and happy new year)
--
.o.  | Hacker wonderland
..o  |

* Re: Buttonize URLs after gnus-summary-caesar-message
@ 2005-02-24 19:58   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-02-24 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 06 2005, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>> I think we could safely add
>>   (when gnus-treat-buttonize (gnus-article-add-buttons))
>> near the end of `gnus-summary-caesar-message'.  Maybe also in
>> `gnus-summary-morse-message'.  Opinions?
>
> Perhaps there are other treatments that should also be invoked?
> Perhaps it is `gnus-treat-article' that should be called.

I have committed it for `gnus-summary-caesar-message'.

I'm not sure if it make sense for `gnus-summary-morse-message',
because IIRC "some text" becomes "s o m e  t e x t".  Feel free to add
it if you think that it does something useful.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)