From: Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: article printing with `A P' is generating bad postscript
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:17:54 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jun 11 2002, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> I was trying to print a couple articles, and finally had to resort to
> a manual execution of (gnus-summary-print-article "/tmp/out.ps") in
> order to get a postscript file I could look at.  Executing "gv
> /tmp/out.ps" rewards me with this error.
> ________________
>
> Error: /typecheck in --transform--
> Operand stack:
>    h0   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
> Execution stack:
[...]
> Current allocation mode is local
> GNU Ghostscript 6.52: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

I had problems some time ago with printing articles, when the subject
contained unbalanced brackets, e.g. "Re: foo :-)".

Look at the lines containing "h0" in out.ps. The problem should be
there. Maybe post the output of "grep -2 'h0' out.ps". "h0" is used to
print the subject and page numbers.

If this fails, remove the error handler from out.ps:

%%BeginProcSet: ErrorHandler
[...]
%%EndProcSet

And run "gs out.ps". You should see something like:

| Error: ...
| Current allocation mode is local
| Current file position is 27395
                           ^^^^^

Open the file in Emacs. `M-x goto-char 27395 RET' brings you to the
position of the error.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,