* contrib/xml.el
@ 2004-10-06 15:36 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2004-10-06 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnus 5.10 contains a file contrib/xml.el which appears to be an old version
of lisp/xml.el in Emacs CVS.

Is there any reason why this file should be kept in Gnus?  If so, is there
any reason why it can't be replaced with the current Emacs version?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.

* Re: contrib/xml.el
@ 2004-10-06 16:36 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-10-06 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 06 2004, Miles Bader wrote:

> Gnus 5.10 contains a file contrib/xml.el which appears to be an old version
> of lisp/xml.el in Emacs CVS.
>
> Is there any reason why this file should be kept in Gnus?

The files in contrib aren't strictly part of Gnus.  They are provided
for convenience.

,----[ contrib/README ]

`----

> If so, is there any reason why it can't be replaced with the current
> Emacs version?

Gnus 5.10.* is supposed to work with Emacs 20.7 and up.  If the
current `xml.el' works with 20.7, it could be replaced.  But I don't
have Emacs 20.7 and I don't read RSS with Gnus, so I don't know.

Probably it's not worth the trouble to test it.  E.g. for Emacs
21.[12] `ucs-tables.el', only worked with rev=1.8 from Emacs CVS, not
with later versions.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,