* Re: nnimap, MIME, and split-fancy
       [not found] <rrok5ojktjf.fsf@vinegar-pot.mit.edu>
@ 2008-01-05 21:42 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-01-05 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Gutnik; +Cc: ding, bugs

On Thu, Nov 15 2007, Vadim Gutnik wrote:

> I'm using No Gnus 0.6, and nnimap.
>
> I get some mail with Subject lines that look like this:
>
> Subject:=?iso-8859-1?B?UXVhcmFudGluZSBTdW1tYXJ5IDExLzE1LzIwMDcgMTI6MDAgcG0=?=
>
> gnus graciously decodes that, to look like this:
>
> Subject: Quarantine Summary 11/15/2007 12:00 pm
>
> But I can't split on the decoded subject line with nnimap.
> The relevant part of my .gnus is:
>
> (setq nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes 't)
> (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
> (setq nnimap-split-rule 'nnmail-split-fancy)
> (setq nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX"))
> (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>       '(| (from mail "INBOX/mailbounce")
>           ("subject" "Quarantine" "INBOX/trash")
>           "INBOX/unsorted"
>           )
>       )
>
> With this setup, "B q" tells me the mail would get sorted to
> INBOX/trash, presumably because nnmail is interepreting the split rule,
> and with (setq nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes 't), it parses the
> MIME. But the automatic respooling, or respoolig if I explicitly try
> "B r nnimap" sends it to INBOX/unsorted.
>
> Am I making some configuration mistake, or is this a bug?

Does adding`gnus-article-decode-encoded-words' to `nnmail-split-hook'
work fro IMAP splitting?  If not, maybe it could be added?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Mail Back End Variables") ]
| `nnmail-split-hook'
|      Hook run in the buffer where the mail headers of each message is
|      kept just before the splitting based on these headers is done.
|      The hook is free to modify the buffer contents in any way it sees
|      fit--the buffer is discarded after the splitting has been done,
|      and no changes performed in the buffer will show up in any files.
|      `gnus-article-decode-encoded-words' is one likely function to add
|      to this hook.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: nnimap, MIME, and split-fancy
@ 2008-01-08 20:43   ` Vadim Gutnik
From: Vadim Gutnik @ 2008-01-08 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Thu, Nov 15 2007, Vadim Gutnik wrote:
>
>> I'm using No Gnus 0.6, and nnimap.
>>
>> I get some mail with Subject lines that look like this:
>>
>> Subject:=?iso-8859-1?B?UXVhcmFudGluZSBTdW1tYXJ5IDExLzE1LzIwMDcgMTI6MDAgcG0=?=
>>
>> gnus graciously decodes that, to look like this:
>>
>> Subject: Quarantine Summary 11/15/2007 12:00 pm
>>
>> But I can't split on the decoded subject line with nnimap.
>> The relevant part of my .gnus is:
>>
>> (setq nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes 't)
>> (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>> (setq nnimap-split-rule 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>> (setq nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX"))
>> (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>>       '(| (from mail "INBOX/mailbounce")
>>           ("subject" "Quarantine" "INBOX/trash")
>>           "INBOX/unsorted"
>>           )
>>       )
>>
>> With this setup, "B q" tells me the mail would get sorted to
>> INBOX/trash, presumably because nnmail is interepreting the split rule,
>> and with (setq nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes 't), it parses the
>> MIME. But the automatic respooling, or respoolig if I explicitly try
>> "B r nnimap" sends it to INBOX/unsorted.
>>
>> Am I making some configuration mistake, or is this a bug?
>
> Does adding`gnus-article-decode-encoded-words' to `nnmail-split-hook'
> work fro IMAP splitting?  If not, maybe it could be added?

I added the line

(add-hook 'nnmail-split-hook 'gnus-article-decode-encoded-words)

I don't see the behavior change; it still doesn't work correctly.

  Vadim