Hi, the case conversion in Emacs 22 makes large nnfolder groups very slow if the user has a Turkish locale because of the Turkish case conversion of `i' and `I' into `İ' and `ı' (cf. `turkish-case-conversion-enable'). [ See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/68859/focus=64496 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/63925/focus=63979 for more information. ] The following patch should fix this slowness. But I don't use nnfolder myself and I don't have much time for testing, so I hesitate to install it (even in the trunk). Could someone please review the patch and/or test it, please? To change your locale to Turkish temporarily, you can start Emacs using "LC_CTYPE=tr_TR emacs -f gnus". But also testing it with your usual locale if you are using nnfolder would be useful.