Hi, the following patch allows for use different input image formats by using convert(1) to generate Face and X-Face headers. Currently `gnus-x-face-from-file' requires GIF and `gnus-face-from-file' requires JPEG. For me, the current `gnus-x-face-from-file' command doesn't even work (and I saw similar reports on Google): $ giftopnm face.gif | ppmnorm | pnmscale -width 48 -height 48 | ppmtopgm |\ pgmtopbm | pbmtoxbm | compface giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0 ppmnorm: remapping 65..233 to 0..255 compface: (warning) : excess data ignored compface: (warning) : excess data ignored $ Is it okay to change the defaults?