On Fri, Feb 14 2003, Frank Schmitt wrote: > We have been talking in gnu.emacs.gnus about possibilities of reducing > the amount of diskspace the Incoming* files need. Perhaps there's > somebody who thinks our ideas are cool and wants to implement them? > > Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes: [...] >> (defcustom mail-source-delete-incoming nil >> "*If t, delete incoming files after handling. >> If a positive number, delete files, older than number days. If set to the >> symbol `compress', compress the files. If it is a negative number, compress >> the files and delete compressed files older than that number of >> days. If nil, never delete." I have write `mail-source-delete-old-incoming' but the function *needs review* and testing. I haven't worked with elisp times and file-attributes before, so my approach might be too complicated or complete nonsense. ;-) *Feedback welcome*! With the attached patch, old (>= 3 days) incoming files will be deleted (after confirmation!). You may also test the function without applying the patch[1]: ,----[ C-h f mail-source-delete-old-incoming RET ] | mail-source-delete-old-incoming is an interactive Lisp function in `...'. | (mail-source-delete-old-incoming &optional AGE CONFIRM) | | Remove incoming files older than AGE days. | If CONFIRM is non-nil, ask for confirmation before removing a file. `---- `M-: (mail-source-delete-old-incoming 7 t) RET' If you set gnus-verbose to 10 you'll get lots of debugging output.