* gmane access slow?
@ 2008-03-31 12:40 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2008-03-31 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I just configured Gnus to access gmane as an nntp
secondary-select-method.  When I access a group it does quite a bit of
"nntp read xxxx" and takes a while to get me into a group. Is there
anything I can do from the Gnus end to make it faster?  When I access a
regular news server via nntp it does not do this for every group and I
am wondering if I can get gmane to work the same?

Thanks.

...Jake

--
Jake Colman
Director of Software Development

* Re: gmane access slow?
@ 2008-03-31 14:01 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-03-31 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jake Colman; +Cc: ding

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:40:27 -0400 Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> wrote:

Jake> I just configured Gnus to access gmane as an nntp
Jake> secondary-select-method.  When I access a group it does quite a bit of
Jake> "nntp read xxxx" and takes a while to get me into a group. Is there
Jake> anything I can do from the Gnus end to make it faster?  When I access a
Jake> regular news server via nntp it does not do this for every group and I
Jake> am wondering if I can get gmane to work the same?

It's really fast for me.  I would check with the GMane administrators,
there's a GMane group for that.

Ted

* Re: gmane access slow?
@ 2008-04-07 15:00 ` Peter Wang
From: Peter Wang @ 2008-04-07 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

quite slow here too.

* Re: gmane access slow?
@ 2008-04-08 21:15   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-04-08 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Apr 07 2008, Peter Wang wrote:

> quite slow here too.

Did you read the suggestion in this thread?

,----[ <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.discuss/11601/focus=11609> ]
| Subject: Re: Slow Access from Gnus
| Newsgroups: gmane.discuss, gmane.emacs.gnus.general
| Date: 2008-04-04 17:56:57 GMT