* Merging nnweb.el changes to v5-10?
@ 2007-01-01 22:51 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-01-01 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

could someone please merge the recent nnweb.el changes to v5-10 if
appropriate (Andreas maybe?)?  I.e. are these change bug fixes that
should be included in v5-10?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Merging nnweb.el changes to v5-10?
@ 2007-01-02  0:56 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2007-01-02  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Reiner Steib writes:

> could someone please merge the recent nnweb.el changes to v5-10 if
> appropriate (Andreas maybe?)?

I'm currently waiting for the next update of the Xapian index to see
if the solid nnweb groups I created for testing update properly.

> I.e. are these change bug fixes that should be included in v5-10?

I think so.  nnweb is supposed to keep the article numbers stable for
solid groups, even when successive searches return a different set of
articles, or return them in a different order.

This broke with my revision of the code for nov.php, because I wasn't
updating the article numbers of the headers read from nov.php to the
ones computed by nnweb before passing the headers to Gnus.  The
problem wasn't apparent, since the article numbers returned by nov.php
/usually/ matched those generated by nnweb.

The code on the trunk now consistently uses the numbers generated by
nnweb.  I just reverted a change by Lars that I /think/ was part of
his first approach at fixing it by consistently using the article
numbers from nov.php.

So, if Lars doesn't veto, and the testing turns out positive, I'll put
nnweb.el of the trunk (minus the TOPDOC-change) on the v5-10 branch.

regards,
andreas

* Re: Merging nnweb.el changes to v5-10?
@ 2007-01-03 20:52   ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2007-01-03 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Seltenreich writes:

> Reiner Steib writes:
>
>> could someone please merge the recent nnweb.el changes to v5-10 if
>> appropriate (Andreas maybe?)?
>
> I'm currently waiting for the next update of the Xapian index to see
> if the solid nnweb groups I created for testing update properly.

The testing went without problems, so I've done the merging to v5-10.

regards,
andreas

* Re: Merging nnweb.el changes to v5-10?
@ 2007-01-03 21:20   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-01-03 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 02 2007, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:

> So, if Lars doesn't veto, and the testing turns out positive, I'll put
> nnweb.el of the trunk (minus the TOPDOC-change) on the v5-10 branch.

Thanks.

Concerning the ChangeLog in v5-10: Please insert the ChangeLog entries
at the top.  According to Richard, the date should be the _current_
date, not the date of the change in the trunk.  Fixed.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)