* Reply-to in mail headers
@ 2004-08-11 15:41 Michael J. Barillier
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Michael J. Barillier @ 2004-08-11 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've grepped code and RTFMed without luck--how can I configure Gnus to
automatically put a Reply-to: header in my outgoing mail?  Emacs has a
variable, `mail-default-reply-to', but it's apparently not used in the
Gnus code.

Thanks--

--
Michael J. Barillier               | ``When you have to shoot, shoot.
<blackwolf(at)shadizar.dyndns.org> | Don't talk.''

* Re: Reply-to in mail headers
@ 2004-08-11 15:49 ` Norbert Koch
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Norbert Koch @ 2004-08-11 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

* mbarilli at midsouth dot rr dot com:

| I've grepped code and RTFMed without luck--how can I configure Gnus to
| automatically put a Reply-to: header in my outgoing mail?  Emacs has a
| variable, `mail-default-reply-to', but it's apparently not used in the
| Gnus code.

You can set this through posting styles.

C-h i m gnus RET m posting styles RET

norbert.

* Re: Reply-to in mail headers
@ 2004-08-11 16:31 ` Jonas Steverud
From: Jonas Steverud @ 2004-08-11 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Michael J. Barillier" <mbarilli@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

> I've grepped code and RTFMed without luck--how can I configure Gnus to
> automatically put a Reply-to: header in my outgoing mail?

Check the Message Mode info file for message-default-headers,
message-default-mail-headers and message-default-news-headers.

The trick is that it is specific to Message mode and not Gnus
(although Message is part of Gnus...).

HTH.

--
(        http://hem.bredband.net/steverud/        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )

* Re: Reply-to in mail headers
@ 2004-08-11 16:42 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2004-08-11 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Michael J. Barillier" <mbarilli@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

> I've grepped code and RTFMed without luck--how can I configure Gnus to
> automatically put a Reply-to: header in my outgoing mail?  Emacs has a
> variable, `mail-default-reply-to', but it's apparently not used in the
> Gnus code.

I do it like this:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
  '((".*"  ;;Hol das wenn sonst nichts zutrifft
     (name "Frank Schmitt")
     (organization "Hamme net, kren mer och nimmi")
     (signature-file "~/.signature")
    )
    ((message-news-p)  ;;News article?
     (address "usereplyto2004@Frank-Schmitt.net")
     ("Reply-To" "replies@Frank-Schmitt.net")
    )
    ("^gmane"
     (address "ich@Frank-Schmitt.net")
     ("Reply-To" nil)
    )
    ((message-mail-p)  ;;Mail?
     (address "ich@Frank-Schmitt.net")
    )
   )
)

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough

* Re: Reply-to in mail headers
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-08-11 17:15 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-08-11 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 11 2004, Michael J. Barillier wrote:

> I've grepped code and RTFMed without luck--how can I configure Gnus to
> automatically put a Reply-to: header in my outgoing mail?

As for most other headers: (info "(gnus)Posting Styles") or (info
"(message)Mail Headers").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,