* Disabling the Agent?
@ 2005-11-10 22:40 Gregory Novak
From: Gregory Novak @ 2005-11-10 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I once enabled the agent with (gnus-agentize), but I've seen others on
this mailing list say that the agent causes a big slowdown.  Certain
operations in Gnus are slow for me, and I'd like to test whether the
agent is in fact causing the slowdown.  I removed the (gnus-agentize)
line from my .gnus file, but Gnus seems to remember that the line was
once there ("plugged" appears on the modeline).

What do I have to do to make Gnus pretend that the agent never
existed?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thank you,
Greg

* Re: Disabling the Agent?
@ 2005-11-10 23:09 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-11-10 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ <f1> v gnus-agent RET ]
| gnus-agent is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
|
| Documentation:
| Whether we want to use the Gnus agent or not.
|
| You may customize gnus-agent to disable its use.  However, some
| back ends have started to use the agent as a client-side cache.
| Disabling the agent may result in noticeable loss of performance.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--