* Outlook citation frobbing
@ 2004-08-23 13:19 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-08-23 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I looked at W Y f and W Y c, but didn't grok what they are supposed to
do.

I often get messages that look like this:

    Response to John.

    -- original message from John --

    John's response to Paul.

    -- original message from Paul --

    Some message from Paul.

Now it would be cool if there was something that prepended a ">" to
every line below the first "-- original message ...", and two ">" to
every line below the second "-- original message ...", and so on.

Then I could at least just copy and paste stuff and wouldn't have to
worry about adding ">", too.

Kai

* Re: Outlook citation frobbing
@ 2004-08-24 16:53 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-08-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 23 2004, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> I looked at W Y f and W Y c, but didn't grok what they are supposed to
> do.
[...]
> Now it would be cool if there was something that prepended a ">" to
> every line below the first "-- original message ...", and two ">" to
> every line below the second "-- original message ...", and so on.
>
> Then I could at least just copy and paste stuff and wouldn't have to
> worry about adding ">", too.

Adding...

(let ((comment-start ">")
      (comment-empty-lines t))
  (comment-region BEG END))

... somewhere in `gnus-outlook-rearrange-article' should do the trick,
I think.  The boring part is to find the correct value of BEG and END.

The following doesn't work correctly yet:

(defun gnus-outlook-rearrange-article (attr-start)
  "Put the text from ATTR-START to the end of buffer at the top of the article buffer."
  (let ((inhibit-read-only t)
	(cite-marks gnus-outlook-deuglify-cite-marks))
    (gnus-with-article-buffer
      (article-goto-body)
      ;; article does not start with attribution
      (unless (= (point) attr-start)
	(gnus-kill-all-overlays)
	(let ((cur (point))
	      ;; before signature or end of buffer
	      (to (if (gnus-article-search-signature)
		      (point)
		    (point-max)))
	      diff)
	  (setq diff (- to cur))
	  ;; handle the case where the full quote is below the
	  ;; signature
	  (transpose-regions cur attr-start attr-start to)
	  (let ((comment-start ">")
		(comment-empty-lines t))
	    (comment-region
	     (save-excursion