From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
Cc: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: Connectons to gmane suddenly are non-usable
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:05:50 +0100	[thread overview]

[ Adding gmane.discuss ]

On Thu, Feb 16 2006, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane <at> imap.cc> writes:
>
>> > Forward of help request from gmane.discuss
>> >
>> >   From: Harry Putnam <reader <at> jtan.com>
>> >   Subject: Connection to gmane suddenly no work
>> >   Newsgroups: gmane.discuss
>> >   Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:42:12 -0500
>>
>> (I didn't see this in gmane.discuss yet.)
>
> Not for lack of trying... I tried at the remote machine mentioned in from
> address above.  I tried by telnet and by web interface.

I didn't see your posts because I filter on gmane.spam.detected: :-/

,----
`----

,----
`----

,----[ http://gmane.org/denied.php ]
| Actions that may lead to denial include:
|
|     * Really excessive downloading of articles. I mean, really.
|     * Address-harvesting-like behavior. (Selecting many, many
|       groups, reading few articles.)
|     * Feeding articles onto Usenet.
|
| It takes a lot to trigger a denial. Nobody who uses Gmane with a
| normal news reader can cause a denial.
`----

"1+ gb to 3.6" as described in
<news:loom.20060216T154739-818@post.gmane.org> is a lot, but I don't
know if it is "Really excessive downloading" for Lars.

> If you can't post to
>> gmane.discuss via NNTP, you might want to use the web interface
>> <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.discuss>.
>
> Thats how I sent these messages.
>
> But how do I get undenied... is it appropriate to write to
> gmane.discuss for stuff like that?

Yes.  See e.g. the recent thread "news.gmane.org blocking german
users?".

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,